Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

DIY Jewelry Cleaner

DIY Jewelry Cleaner

When your rings and things don't bling anymore, try this cleaner before you put them through the ringer! 
It cost pennies and is super easy to make! 

I work outside a lot! I usually have to clean my jewelry about once a week or more. I use this method all the time and my jewelry looks like Hubby just bought it!

Here is what my rings and earrings looked like before they were cleaned:

YUCK!
Gather all the ingredients you will need:

  1. Small Bowl
  2. Aluminum Foil
  3. Paper Towel or Hand Towel
  4. Old Toothbrush
  5. 1 Cup HOT Water
  6. 1 Tbsp. Salt
  7. 1 Tbsp. Baking Soda
  8. 1 tsp. Dish Soap (I prefer Dawn)
Line the Bowl with the **aluminum foil. 



Add the salt, baking soda, and soap. Add the HOT water, drop in your dirty jewelry and wait 10 minutes!


I wanted to see how well this worked without the scrubbing with the tooth brush. I poured it off into a measuring cup and this is that I found at the bottom:

All of those spots you see are gunk off my jewelry! 
I pulled my jewelry out and brushed the underside of the diamonds and prongs. This was the result!


Super clean and shiny!!!


I have sterling and white gold, both were fine and super clean!!!


AMR
Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comment :