Image Map

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

DIY Duster & Wood Cleaner

All natural DIY Duster & Wood Cleaner
I have tried MANY different recipes for wood cleaners, and this one by FAR is the BEST!!! 
The Before and After picture will prove it!
~*~ This is ONLY for dusting/cleaning WOOD not floors ~*~

Since my dad has COPD & CHF, it's really hard for me to clean the house while he is even IN the house. Most of the time, I have to wait till he went to bed and shut his bedroom door. Doing that means I don't get to clean the house till after 9p. Then I'm up half of the night cleaning and he can STILL smell it in the morning. This was NOT going to work! Since we have so many people in out house, it's imperative to make sure it stays clean.

 I have been searching and testing all natural DIY Cleaners for some time now, and I have FINALLY found one that won't make him cough (even if sprayed right behind him) AND cleans!

Here is what you will need:
  • Spray Bottle (I recycled one that I already had)
  • 1/4 Cup Distilled Vinegar
  • 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (yes, it will have to stay in the fridge, but a lot less expensive than Essential Oil)
    • Another option to this is using the zest of about 4 lemons and letting the zest sit in the vinegar for about 4 days to infuse it. 
  • 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Aldi has and inexpensive bottle for about $2) 
    •  You can also use Murphy Oil Soap if you prefer. 
  • Hot water to fill the rest of the bottle.



Since oil and water doesn't mix, you will need to shake the bottle before each use to distribute the ingredients.


This is out entryway frame. Everyone touches it all the time...The top portion of the picture is where I used the cleaner. The bottom portion is what it looked like before.

I sprayed the solution on a cloth and rubbed with the grain of the wood.

I have 2 cats, a bird and a turtle in the house all the time and none see, to be affected by the ingredients.

There is no spotting or streaking! Just beautiful wood!

What are some DIY Cleaners you would like to see?


AMR
Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs

1 comment :

  1. It must be tough to have a dad with COPD, but I'm glad to hear you've been working your way around it well. As opposed to having chemically-induced cleaners, more people are welcome to the idea of natural homemade cleaners in their homes. So, I hope it didn't take you a long time to come up with those recipes. Anyway, your recipe in particular seems to be doing a great job. I appreciate you sharing it with us! All the best!

    Courtney Morris @ Onyx Cleaning

    ReplyDelete