Image Map

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ~ Eggless & Safe

It does exist!!!

Who doesn't LOVE licking the spoon after mixing cookie dough? The only thing we worry about is the raw egg, cause no one wants to get e-coli. 

Here is a recipe to make edible dough without the egg so it's safe!


I don't know how many times that I have made cookies and the girls wanted to lick the spoon and/or the bowl! Growing up I ate raw dough all the time, still do. Since we use our own farm fresh eggs, I don't worry about e-coli as much as everyone else does. The fact is still there in the back of my mind about it though. Although, I don't know of a single person that has gotten sick from eating it, but my girls or I defiantly don't want to be the first.

After much trial and error, I have come up with a safer alternative to raw egg cookie dough.

What you'll need:

  • 1 stick of softened, unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 Tbs. milk
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
  • Skillet
  • Mixing bowl
  • Whisk
  • Fork
  • Spatula
What you need to do:
  1. In a skillet on Medium, slightly cook the flour being careful not to color it. Should only take about 30-45 seconds. 
    • If you prefer you can microwave it in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes stirring ever 30 seconds till the temperature reaches 160 degrees. 
      • Heating the flour is to get rid of the raw flour taste and make is safe to consume.
      •  
  2. In the mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla.

  3. Add the flour. It will be crumbly at this point...that's OK.

  4. Add the milk. 

  5. Fold in the chocolate chips.

  6. You're done! Time to eat!


You can store leftovers in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months....IF you can keep it that long! LOL 

D loves dough! I made this while Grammy was keeping her busy in the dining room...I gave a bowl of it to her and this is what she did!

"It's all mine! You can't have it!"
"Thank you Mommy!"
You can eat it right out of the bowl, on ice cream, frozen, whatever you can think of! 

If you are wanting an eggless cookie recipe, start with a regular recipe and instead of using the eggs, add 1/4 applesauce for every large egg. Still comes out Yummy!


AMR
My PR Policy is here.
Please keep in mind that sale/clearance items may be regional and can vary by stores. It's always best to check your local store.
Please Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs
Did you find this post helpful? Don't forget to

2 comments :

  1. I think you're my hero for this recipe! It's great to know that heating the flour mellows the taste and makes it safe for consumption. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...my girls LOVED it! Let me know how it comes out for you!

      Delete