It does exist!!!
Who doesn't LOVE licking the spoon after mixing cookie dough? The only thing we worry about is the raw egg, cause no one wants to get e-coli.
Here is a recipe to make edible dough without the egg so it's safe!
I don't know how many times that I have made cookies and the girls wanted to lick the spoon and/or the bowl! Growing up I ate raw dough all the time, still do. Since we use our own farm fresh eggs, I don't worry about e-coli as much as everyone else does. The fact is still there in the back of my mind about it though. Although, I don't know of a single person that has gotten sick from eating it, but my girls or I defiantly don't want to be the first.
After much trial and error, I have come up with a safer alternative to raw egg cookie dough.
What you'll need:
- 1 stick of softened, unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mixing bowl
What you need to do:
- In a skillet on Medium, slightly cook the flour being careful not to color it. Should only take about 30-45 seconds.
- If you prefer you can microwave it in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes stirring ever 30 seconds till the temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Heating the flour is to get rid of the raw flour taste and make is safe to consume.
You can store leftovers in the fridge or freeze for up to 3 months....IF you can keep it that long! LOL
D loves dough! I made this while Grammy was keeping her busy in the dining room...I gave a bowl of it to her and this is what she did!
|"It's all mine! You can't have it!"|
|"Thank you Mommy!"|
You can eat it right out of the bowl, on ice cream, frozen, whatever you can think of!
If you are wanting an eggless cookie recipe, start with a regular recipe and instead of using the eggs, add 1/4 applesauce for every large egg. Still comes out Yummy!
My PR Policy is here.
Please keep in mind that sale/clearance items may be regional and can vary by stores. It's always best to check your local store.
Please Rate My Blog @ Top Mommy Blogs
Did you find this post helpful? Don't forget to